Structured Cabling Technician
Join a company that cares about its people!
Granite Technology Solutions is a Montana based company with locations in Bozeman, Missoula, Kalispell, and Helena. Founded in 2000, we employ thirty plus individuals, and have an established customer base of approximately 1200 businesses. We are a full-service technology company focusing on information technology systems and networks, low-voltage structured cabling and fiber optics, phone systems, surveillance camera systems, and door access systems. We are looking for Structured Cabling Technicians to help our company grow and better serve our customers.
Our ideal candidate
A Structured Cabling Technician is responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining, testing, and repairing low voltage cable plants, door access and surveillance systems with minimal to no supervision. We’re looking for candidates that work well independently, understands and is comfortable implementing complex projects, and can appropriately document and track their productivity throughout the day. If you enjoy a productive, busy, and tech-oriented work environment, then we are the company for you.
- First and foremost, our Cable Technician must achieve outstanding customer and vendor satisfaction.
- Performs installs, configures, maintains, tests, and repairs low voltage cable plants, door access and surveillance systems.
- Documents work and network configurations.
- Assists with IT/Network and phone system related projects.
- Performs other cable related tasks as requested by management.
- Achieves 60-85% average billable productivity and enters billable time daily.
- Our employees excel in their abilities to effectively communicate one-on-one with our clients, vendors, and other trades.
- Technicians must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to archive top notch technical skills in cabling systems and manufacture/industry cabling standards.
- Must be dependable, reliable and exhibit a calm, professional demeanor.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with low voltage and fiber optic cabling preferred but not required.
- This position is expected to achieve BICSI and manufacturer specific certifications within 2 years of employment.
- The ability to drive to client locations (must have a clean driving record and valid license), work inside & outside, physically navigate the work environment, using a 12-foot ladder, and consistently lift 60 pounds.
- $20 – $29/hour. Plus, bonus
- Room for promotion and growth within the company
- Full benefit package – medical, dental & vision
- Company matched retirement plans
- PTO, paid holidays, and Adventure Days (aka Floating Holidays)
- Flexible work/life balance